Land that goes back to George Little (1618 – 1692) and to the Little/Newman family going back to the 1600s, that was developed in the 1960s and is now part of the Turkey Hill neighborhood in the “West End” of Newburyport.
The Caldwell Distillery was established in 1772, it remained in the family for many generation’s. The brick warehouse on Merrimac Street, built in 1876, was bought by John F. Leary in 1925, today it is Leary’s Fine Wines & Spirits.
The Ferry Wharf building is at the edge of Market Square. A continuous line of eight stores were at the back of the Ferry Wharf building and was called Merchant’s Row. All but one of those stores exists today, the rest have all been demolished.
Atkinson Common 1900 (Detail), The Snow Collection, The Museum of Old Newbury, a view of what once was Moultonville in the North End, a conception of Henry Moulton’s which gradually faded from the city’s landscape.
29 Jefferson Street – Joseph Coffin, owner of the shipyard at the end of Jefferson Street, and the 1784 will of Benjamin Coffin that tells of a ship building yard at the end of Jefferson Street in the 1700s.
13 September, 2022
Comments Off on Cashman Park – Created in 1922 where wetlands once existed